KickStart: ‘Focus on the pain’ of a first time caller and you’ll dramatically increase your ‘booking ratio’!
All business is based on relationships.💖 But even more so for residential service providers. (That would be… YOU!) But the plot thickens with my ‘80% Principle’…
80% of how a residential customer decides if you did a ‘good job’ or a ‘bad job’ is based on how they FEEL about the people involved in the transaction!😍
Your challenge? This all-important relationship with a new prospect ‘just calling around’ (searching for a home service professional) will struggle right from the git-go! Here’s why…
Your first time caller is NOT a happy camper!😖 This means their negative attitude may doom your relationship before it even starts!
So, let’s examine the FEELINGS of a prospective client as they (timidly) call an unknown service provider (YOU!) for the first time. Hopefully this process will make clear the challenges you face in ‘winning over’ a (first time) caller!
NOTE: See how often the phrase ‘first time’ pops up? This initial contact is the difficult one. After all, once a customer knows you and your employees (with your sparkling personalities!) they’ll automatically reschedule without the negative feelings profiled below! (Assuming they can remember who they used last time!)
CAUTION: This ‘relationship building’ normally gets dumped on your front-line employees working face-to-face with the customer. But your prospect’s Initial Contact with your company (often by phone) is a great way to help them FEEL wonderful about… YOUR BUSINESS!👌 (Even before your techs show up!)
NEWS FLASH! This is why you need our 3 hour, online SFS: Winning over your caller! LIVE seminar.💲💲💲 Click HERE for 100’s of ‘Lead Conversion’ ideas and systems to easily book prospects who use text, email, Facebook, website chat or even… the phone! HERE are our upcoming class dates…
Meanwhile, let’s follow the old dictum of ‘knowing your enemy’ with a quick tour of your first time caller’s feelings and emotions…
1. Nervous- Your first time caller probably has had some not-so-good experience with another provider in your industry. (Maybe one of your competitors?) Can you blame them for being anxious?
2. Irritated (slightly)- Doubt me? Think how you feel when arranging ‘routine home maintenance’ vs. buying ‘fun stuff’! (New clothes, a new car/ boat/ flat-screen TV or my personal favorite, a new RV!) This means that a first time caller will be ‘slightly miffed’ by this ‘not fun’ process.
3. Impatient- This slight irritation often leads to an impatient “let’s get this over with” approach by the home owner.
4. Suspicious/cynical- Remember too these callers have heard in detail from their friends with all THEIR horror stories! (Possibly including dealing with nationally known franchises with less-than-stellar local reputations!)
5. SCARED- Yep, this home owner may well be feeling vulnerable with the upcoming ‘INVASION’ of their ‘inner sanctum’– their precious home!
6. FEAR- All of these above negative emotions lead to that ugly four-letter word: F-E-A-R! (A terrible start to any relationship which means our 80% Principle is in BIG trouble!)
WHY is your floundering prospect feeling all these ‘traumatized emotions’? After all, they’re just searching for a competent, TRUSTWORTHY Home Service Professional! Simple…
Your first time caller feels OUT OF CONTROL!😲 Tactfully and subtly give them back control of your initial conversation and your all-important relationship will blossom! Let’s focus on ‘giving control’ in our next Lead Conversion discussion!